Dartmouth Day


   After a few people finished up their thesis presentations, we worked on our college essays. I edited one of my Dartmouth supplements. The prompt is "'I have no special talent,' Albert Einstein once observed. 'I am only passionately curious.' Celebrate your intellectual curiosity." It is similar to Stanford's Intellectual Vitality essay. I wrote about learning different alphabets, and specifically for Dartmouth, how that encouraged me to learn computer programming languages and mathematical languages.

   Continuing on with Dartmouth, I planned how I was going to write their "Why Dartmouth" supplement. The hardest part is writing it within the 100 word limit. I have to get straight to the point. I am looking over their computer science and mathematics page. One cool thing about Dartmouth are their modified majors. I can create my own machine learning major. I can tailor the computer science modified major with mathematics to create a curriculum that can specifically focus on machine learning. Of course, I have to complete the required courses for this modified major in computer science, but the rest is up to me. Very few schools offer that unique academic option.

   That concludes my Dartmouth Day.

Comments