3rd College Day in a Row


   I finished my Polymathic honors program supplements. That leaves me with finishing my UT personal statement and refining my short answers. The priority deadline is November 1. I am making good progress so far.

   Yesterday, I filled in the Additional Information section on the Common App. It is optional, but I wanted to include my senior thesis research. It is unique, and it adds to my qualifications that I did not already mention elsewhere in my application.

   I worked on my Why Carnegie Mellon supplement. It is the only university that offers a Machine Learning major for undergraduate students. I have to write a one-page, single-spaced essay explaining why I am applying to the colleges I chose. My first choice is the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences. That school offers the joint major of Statistics and Machine Learning. My second choice school is the School of Computer Science. Even if I do not major in machine learning, I am still very much interested in coding and computer science. At Carnegie Mellon, if you are accepted, you are most likely going to be accepted to your first choice school. On the Common App, they allow you to apply to up to three colleges.

   At the end of class, I made some minor revisions to some of my other supplements. I began to add my supplements to my Common App.

Comments