Finishing Up College Essays


   I have two more essays before I finish all the supplements for all my schools. I am polishing my Rice Personal Perspective essay and finishing my Carnegie Mellon Interview essay. I am so excited that I am almost done. I have been writing college essays since May of my junior year. It is a really good feeling.

   There are three applications I have not yet submitted: Carnegie Mellon, Rice, and University of Chicago. I reviewed over my other essays for these schools to make sure I did not make any mistakes.

   I am freaking out. Two weeks from now, early action schools release their decisions. Stanford releases theirs on December 15! They send an email first, and then a letter. I hope I make it in. If not, then it's not a complete loss. There are other schools that I am more than happy to attend. But still, I can't wait to see what response I receive. I put my best, honest self into each of my applications, so if they don't accept me, I know I worked as hard as I could.

   I began researching more scholarships. I know that most of the money comes from the school, but I want to have more to pay for the amount left over. There's the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, which awards $30,000 for all for years. There's also the Smart Alec Scholarship, where I have to write an essay about someone who inspires me.

Comments