Preparing for Competition

   Before I begin, I spent time between the last thesis class and now planning my code, and I realized I made some syntax mistakes in the previous blog post. At the moment, I am typing this blog at my house and I am testing the new code. I will post the new code in the next blog post. That is to be expected in this project. Ok, now for what I accomplished today.

   Next week is the Region UIL Solo & Ensemble competition for orchestra. Next month is the competition for band. I am performing the Elgar cello concerto and the Borodin String Quartet 2 for next week. I am the pianist for my sister's saxophone solo piece Concertino de Camera by Jacques Ibert. I spent the first half practicing the piano accompaniment. I am comfortable with the right hand. Now, I need to practice more with my left. Then, I spent the rest of the time polishing the first movement of the Elgar concerto. In March, I am auditioning for the Lynn Harrell Concerto Competition. I have learned three out of four movements so far. I also worked on the fourth movement. It is my favorite movement of the whole concerto because it really showcases the technical skills and the musicality of the cellist.

   I know this is another short blog post, but I need to get back to coding.

Comments